Marriage is a commitment. It’s a beautiful relationship between a man and a woman. All of society is based on this. If the family is strong, the country is strong. Let me share some notes from that might be a blessing for you.
10 Marital “Nevers”
In The Mingling of Souls, Matt Chandler credits author Tommy Nelson with helping him create 10 “nevers” for regarding marital conflict:
1. Never respond to your mate brashly.
2. Never touch your mate out of temper or frustration, ever.
3. Never seek to shame your spouse in public (or in private for that matter).
4. Never fight in front of your kids (or use them as leverage in a disagreement).
5. Never mention your spouse’s parents or any other family member.
6. Never dig up the past; try to stay on topic.
7. Never try to win.
8. Never yell, use derogatory comments or verbally defame your spouse.
9. Never withhold physical intimacy or use sex to manipulate.
10. Never put off seeking resolution.